16 October 2008

Stationary red balls and kangaroo skewers

I’m a huge fan of public intervention performances (that are good), and so The Newsboys piece (a collaboration between London's The Lone Twins and Melbourne's The Suitcase Royale-who are also our famed paparazzi) holds a special place in my heart. I think we should embrace the banal more completely. I was riveted by the news of the stationary red ball.

Other tidbits:
Well, I ate kangaroo. Yep, that’s right. In a lovely peanut satay. I was scared given that the kangaroo, along with the koala and crocodile, for me at least and maybe a legion of others across the waters think of them as national treasures, untouchable by hand, or god forbid, fork, so, not only politically incorrect, but illegal. Boy was I wrong. Apparently, word on the street is that there has been a bit of an overrun of the bouncers, and so, they are a plenty on menus. I have yet to come across koala and crocodile on a menu. The former, I would venture to guess still holds the super cute category, while the latter, I presume, probably isn’t worth the number of ‘catchers’ it would take to actually get it on the menu.